Marriage License Information

*Clerk's office policy for issuing marriage licenses and performing wedding ceremonies   *being revised

List of Marriage Officiants:
County Appointed Designees
Dave Everett (435) 828-3009 or (435) 789-2786
Joseph Sheffer (435) 621-1202
Josh Harbison (435) 724-2555

Or you may appoint someone, anyone,  of your choosing as an officiant. 

The Clerk's office will be conducting weddings on a limited basis - you will need to schedule in advance. 
 - You will also need to provide 2 witnesses over the age of 18.   You will need to be on-time.  Please call 781-5361. 


The couple must appear together in the Uintah County Clerks Office.
147 East Main
Vernal, Utah 84078

The fee is $30.00. An additional $10.00 optional fee can be donated to shelters for victims of Domestic Violence.
The fee for additional copies of the marriage license is $6.00 per copy.

Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. (The office is not open on Saturday, Sunday or holidays)

Application Requirements:
1. A marriage license may be issued by the county clerk after the applicants provide the following required information:

  • Full names, including the maiden name of the female
  • Social Security numbers, unless the applicant has not been assigned a number
  • Current address
  • Date and place of birth (town or city, county, state or country, if possible)
  • Names of respective parents, including the maiden name of the mother; 
    Birthplaces of father and mother (state or country);
  • Race of applicants
  • Bring most recent photo ID such as a driver's license or passport.
  • Date of any previous marriage which ended in either death, divorce or annulment.

2. Social Security Number Requirements.
The Social Security numbers obtained under the authority of this section may not be recorded on the marriage license, and are not open to inspection as a part of the vital statistics files.

The Department Health, Bureau of Vital Records, and Health Statistics shall upon request, supply those Social Security numbers to the Office of Recovery Services within the Department of Human Services.

The Office of Recovery Services may not use any Social Security numbers obtained under the authority of this section for any reason other than the administration of child support services.

Legal Age:
Applicants must be 18 years of age and have legal proof of age: Valid drivers license, or Birth Certificate, or Passport.

Marriage by minors; 
Applicants under the age of 18 years of age are required to have :

If the applicant is less than 18 years of age, an authorization to marry must be provided by a juvenile judge of the court exercising juvenile jurisdiction in the county where either party to the marriage resides. The written authorization may also be obtained from a court commissioner as permitted by rule of the Judicial Council. Please contact our office for a form. (Section 30-1-9 Marriage by Minors)

Applicants under 14 years of age cannot obtain a marriage license under Utah law.

Misc Information:
Licenses are valid for 30 days from date of issue, there is no waiting period and may be used any place in the State of Utah.
Utah Counties Marriage Index Information