Steps to Obtaining a Uintah County Business License

Step One: Determine if you need a Conditional Use Permit (CUP)
Conditional Use Permits are required for certain types of activity on your property. If you are not sure whether or not you need a CUP, please call our office at the number above.


Step Two: Register your business with the state
All corporations and each business name must be registered with the State of Utah. To do so, go to and register. If you have questions or need further assistance with this, you can call 801-530-4849 or 877-526-3994.
If you have a state professional license, submit a copy in the attachment section of this application. If you have questions concerning your professional licensing, contact the office of the Utah Department of Professional Licensing at, or call 1-866-275-3675.


Step Three: Complete application and obtain required approvals
If you are applying for an internet-based business, then you will only need to get approval from the Community Development office. If you are applying for most other types of home businesses, you will need to get approval from the Community Development office, and then your application will be forwarded to the County Commission for final approval. If you are applying for a home business license where people will be coming to your home or a commercial location business license, your application will be forwarded to the Sheriff’s Department, Tri-County Health, and the Fire Marshal before getting approval from Community Development and the County Commission. We have provided contact information for each of these entities to help answer your questions regarding specific requirements for your business:


Sheriff's Office  Fire Marshal  Tri-County Health Department 
 Steve Labrum Jeremy Raymond  Darrin Brown 
 641 E 300 S #250 152 E 100 N  133 S 500 E 
 435-789-2511  435-781-6756  435-247-1160


Step Four: Submittal and Payment
Once you have submitted your county business license application online you will need to pay the application fee. This can be done by paying in person, sending a check, or calling the Community Development office and paying over the phone.

 If you have any questions, please contact our office at 435-781-5336.

Try our online application and apply now for a business license